Friday, June 16, 2006

Summer reflections

I know this has nothing to do with our topic this week, but alas, I digress anyhow...

So last night I realized I missed journaling on gratitude day (Wednesday). I really didn't have a particular good day Thursday and in fact I felt like I had a mini breakdown of sorts. But I decided I would start writing about what I was grateful for that day anyways and within minutes I had a long list of things to be thankful for....the beautiful weather which allowed me to wear flip flops and sunglasses on my walk to work, living so close to work that when I do stupid things like forget my sneakers when I have an appnt. with my trainer I can still run home change and run back!, the ability to push my body hard in a work out, learning more about the people I work with and feeling really comfortable there now, getting an email from a hot boy that made me smile (okay so sometimes on the break down days it's the very little things that help!), catching up with an old high school friend on the phone... some of them may seem silly but after I was reading over my list of about 15 things... I thought to myself "Well, maybe I did have a good day after all."

Sometimes I think God must be banging his head against a wall when so much of life I miss because of my perspective. What a patient God we have. Thank God for His patience in teaching me lessons over and over again on how to see life as He does. The earthly perspective verse the heavenly perspective continues to be a struggle for me. But when I am faithful and God shows me a glimpse of what He sees, it's pretty awesome.

No comments: