Sorry to bombard blogsphere with all these details, but this is important. The deadline to submit material to the small group pass book for next semester is fast approaching. We started talking about this in group on Tuesday, but lots of people were not present so I wanted to open it up.
We are trying to think of topics/areas that we would like to explore in group next semester. Feel free to use this space to make new suggestions or to comment. We'll talk more about this on Tuesday also.
Here are some of the ideas we've hit on so far:
- Study Pastor Mark's book "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day". We would explore what it means to seize opportunities and see problems as God-ordained situations for our growth and development
- Love Experiments: Working from the principles of the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman, explore Biblical and practical applications of loving and serving God, ourselves and our communities (there are several editions of the love languages book for singles, married people, kids, etc. but the 5 principles are the same and we would study and work with those)
- Journey of Desire: Reading through this powerful book about understanding our desires, we would find Biblical support and practical ways to live life out of the passion and purpose for which God has called us.
- Another inductive bible study: old or new testament, Nehemiah, perhaps, Isaiah?
- Captivated: Based on Captivating by John and Staci Eldredge, explore themes specifically for women and our lives.
Let's hear your thoughts and comments; are there topics you want to discuss that aren't listed here? People of the bible you want to explore? Questions you want to dive into? Sound off!!
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry I missed group Tuesday. Looking forward to hearing about what you all discussed.
Out of the options listed I am particularly drawn to "Journey of Desire". I will brainstorm this weekend and see if I come up with other topics I would like to explore. But so far that would be my choice.
I'm with Kristen on this one - I like the idea of doing "Journey of Desire." Either that or studying another book of the Bible.
I read the description of Captivating and it just made me cringe. A big no from me on that one!
I've read Journey of Desire and I love it. So I would love to get into it deeper. I wasn't too drawn to Captivating either....but I don't know.
I might have some other thoughts too
Post a Comment