Friday, December 08, 2006

Anyone psyched for our next journey?

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEMESTER STARTS!

I know, I know-- this semester has not even officially ended yet. Clearly, I know this... but STILL! I am sooooooooo excited about "The Journey of Desire" !!!!

"Is desire holy?... the word 'desire' has lost its currency... Our problem is not that we desire too much, but that we desire too little... In the quiet moments of the day we sense a nagging within, a discontent, a hunger for something else. But because we have not solved the riddle of our existence, we assume that something is wrong-- not with life, but with us... Many Christians live with a nagging awareness that if they feel their hunger deeply it will undo them... But to live life fully-- to live life as God meant for us to live-- demands a full recovery of our heart..."

Oh, ladies, I can't wait!

2 comments:

Kaarin said...

Here's the deal -
there are a few things that I feel a calling to do. Until I actually DO them I think I will feel divine discontent.

Today I was thinking about my job and how I am quite antsy at work. Perhaps my feelings have nothing to do with where I am - I would feel that at any institution. I've just got to step up, make the time, and put energy into the things that I know God has placed on my heart.

"What would happen if one woman told the truth about her life? The world would split open." - Muriel Rukeysen

DressesInDC said...

Kaarin - I feel ya. I think the key thing for me is to "make the time". Days turn into weeks and months so quickly here. If I'm not intentional with my time, the moments that could be great are lost.

I love the quote you included.