skip to main |
skip to sidebar
"God Grew Tired of Us"
Last night I saw the movie "God Grew Tired of Us" at our headquarters here in our auditorium. NGS produced the film. It's about the "Lost Boys" of Sudan who had to flee Sudan due to civil war and how there are thousands of them with no parents or families just stuck in a refugee camp in Kenya. Some get chosen to come to the U.S. It followed the lives of 3 of the boy, Tom, Daniel, & Panther, into the U.S. It was really moving, eye opening, and fascinating. After the film two of the "lost boys" were available to meet at a reception. Anyway, it's going to be showing in DC starting this weekend. I recommend it.
I found myself experiencing a lot of different emotions... frustration at God for allowing that kind of thing to happen, feeling blessed to live here and yet frustrated by our country at the same time, inspired to learn more about and how to help, and excited to join NCC on an overseas mission trip this summer. =)
Check it out! I'll go see it again if anyone would like to go. It will make for a good discussion afterwards.
http://www.godgrewtiredofus.com/
1 comment:
I would love to see this with anyone who wants to go! I worked as a volunteer social worker with a group of 'Lost Boys' when they first moved to Michigan. I would love to see how their story and my experiences with them match up with what the movie shows. Let's set up a time to go.
Post a Comment