Friday, March 23, 2007

Greetings from Nigeria!

Hey ladies!

I have been meaning to blog, but it's been hard to put into words all the things I want to say...

I am well--- really, really well, actually. Being here is so good for me. I am learning what it really means to want this career that I have chosen. For me, anyway, it is easy to latch on to a desire and claim that I want it really badly and yet not be willing to make the sacrifices or put in the work to make that desire a reality-- even when God is giving it to me.

Work is going well. It is hard enough being your own boss, talk less of managing other people... some mornings I wake up and wish someone else were giving the orders. I am trying to remember that Someone Else is and only through Him will anything get done, talk less of getting it done well.

Adjustment has been a non-issue! Honestly, my life here is very much the same as life there-- minus seeing all of you... but I am still very much connected and accessible via email and phone. Lisa keeps me posted regularly, too. My dad managed to squeeze in a half day to see me this week, which was such a treat and my aunt and I have a standing date on Sundays (to watch West African Idol!!!). I get to talk to my cousins and grandmother often, and might be able to get some time off around Easter to see more family, and party in Lagos!

I think I have found a church home here-- House on the Rock Church... the demographics are very similar to NCC's, so can you say handsome single men?! I am keeping up with you on our study, and often wish I had bugged Daphne's apartment so I could listen in on Monday nights!

Prayer requests: Please keep praying for the political situation here and upcoming elections April 14th and 21st. There have already been some demonstrations and police force in some areas. Pray for peace, pray for a calm transition... Also, please pray for God's direction on next steps for when I return. I have a couple phone interviews lined up for next week, so pray along with me for discernment and for a heart to trust God.

Much much love,
L

No comments: