Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter, dear friends!

Yesterday, I woke up with lines from the old hymn playing over and over in my head "Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia" I could only remember bits and pieces of the whole song, but I kept repeating over and over "Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!"

Something in my spirit was just so joyful over those two phrases and I knew it was something beyond Jesus' resurrection (I know how blasphemous that sounds, that there might be something else to excite me beyond salvation. Hang on, I can explain...)

When Christ died on the cross, he took away the permanence of death. Those God-birthed dreams, passions, hopes, aspirations, opportunities, and relationships that look as though they might be dead and buried... those that the enemy has rolled a stone over and proclaimed gone don't have to be. As the believing beneficiaries of the power of resurrection that our Lord bought for us, we can proclaim LIFE (abundant life) and vitality into any situation! Death is temporary... if God can raise Christ-- He can surely resurrect His purposes over our lives, no matter how dead they feel inside us... no matter how lifelessly we feel we are pursuing those things.

Christ our Lord is risen; the hard part's been done... we can claim and operate in that power! Hallelujah!

No comments: