Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dilemma of desire

So, chapter 2 asks what we do when the past and fears make it hard to desire again.

I am so comforted by God's promise; no matter what life has done to our hearts, to our desires

Ezekiel 36: 26 "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. "

I am convinced that, as Peter quotes David saying, the secret to continuing to live in hope, is looking to God and recounting his past blessings in my life and in the lives of others around me.

Acts 2:25-27 ..."'I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will live in hope, because you will not abandon me to the grave"...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great verses! Thanks for the reminder! I know we will all look back to these verses often throughout the semester!