Monday, June 25, 2007

Be still my soul

I experienced God in a very different way this weekend than Kristen did. (Yikes, I give her credit b/c I put on that pack that she carried on her back and I nearly fell over!) I experienced God in a beautiful way that I haven't experienced in quite some time. I was able to just rest on Saturday and He restored me in a lot of ways. I was telling my mom tonight that I just feel like I have had such a reflective past few days. Actually, since Alden left for his wilderness adventure in Alaska I have been able to just rest and be with God in a non hurried way. I am sure camping or just getting out of your element in any way can help you to connect with God in a new way. For me, just resting at my place for a whole day was out of my element and just felt so restorative. The Lord really just wants us to be still sometimes so that He can speak to us. I love it!!

1 comment:

Hortencia said...

you know you are right, this past weekend I was sorrounded by a lot of family and truly did not have time alone with the Lord and by yesterday I felt that I was drowning, very very important to spent time alone with the Lord, especially after you know what is like to spend time with him alone!! thanks for sharding