Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wisdom in the midst of "trials"

Wisdom in the midst of trials can be a difficult virtue to truly attain especially when our own minds want something but God's purpose and final deliverance is different than ours, we ask for wisdom but not for our purpose but for the purpose that we are the agents of God, and we are here to handle trials in the best possible way that will reflect how he wants us to not only to face the trials but as Christians we carry a higher responsibility that we must demonstrate with wisdom and character. Therefore, as Christians to earn wisdom we must not "expect to be treated fairly in this life. [because] people will say and do hurtful things [tho those who don't deserve] [rather we must] try to view those trials as an opportunity to grow in grace" and trust that the ultimate goal is to stay close to God, and that the only way for us to view them in a Godly way is by acquiring [His] truthful "wisdom" which Is summarized into "Love everyone and judge no one" learning to do those two things is one of the most challenging tasks but by practicing them is that we can attain true "wisdom" to handle almost everything in a joyful manner

I hope my small reflection can help, a while ago I was praying very hard as to how could I serve the Lord better and how could I truly reflect Jesus in my life, so I prayed for wisdom, etc, etc, and then after a few days I continue to ask thesame question and the two words of "Just love everyone and judge no one" came to my mind so I said "just that its easy" but it is not,

Look forward to see everyone on Thursday and hope you have a great week

God Bless

1 comment:

DressesInDC said...

You mean you'll see us Tuesday right? Thanks for the reflections Hortencia. So glad you are a part of the group this semester. =)