Romans 12:1 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship."
During our discussion last night of Romans 12 I was able to learn a lot from the way in which the verses spoke to each of us uniquely. I went home especially struck by our discussion of God's mercy in our lives. To offer all I am to God as a living sacrifice seems a daunting task on the surface, but when I put it in the perspective of what Jesus has done for me it becomes the only sensible option. God knows my heart and desires for me to strive to make pleasing and holy decisions in all I do, but He also knows I am in need of his mercy time and time again. God gives me the opportunity to stand in front of him as myself, a picture of imperfect beauty, and hand him a perfect sacrifice through His Son with my name on it.
I believe in Jesus's sacrifice.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is SO powerful Kristen. ... Wow!.. Thanks for sharing!
I have read your blog over and over. I love it! It is really powerful.
Post a Comment