Monday, June 18, 2007

"West Virginia- mountain momma...

take me home, country roads". Everyone sing! Okay, maybe I'm the only one who knows this John Denver tune.


Yesterday I was out with the "Outdoors" small group with 9 others from NCC. We hiked in GW Nat'l Park on the border of W. VA and VA. It was so beautiful out there and a great time to take in some of God's creation. It really refreshed me for my week. It also gave me an opportunity to soak in some much needed sunshine and perhaps too much. Check out my ridiculous sock tan that I am proudly sporting at work today!



Anyone else have a different kind of encounter with God this weekend they'd like to share?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I did not have God encounter through nature this weekend. However, reading your post brings me back to those times when I was outside at the beach. There is something about nature that reveals God's majesty! Awesome!

DressesInDC said...

Lisa you know you want to go camping with me this weekend! A chance to be out in nature and share a tent with me! =)